Savio - 50 Watt UVinex Unit - Stainless Steel - SUV050A
- Replaced by the Savio High Output 55 Watt UVinex System
The New Stainless Steel Uvinex system is even more durable with its stainless junction and longer lasting transformer for a natural and safe approach to control unwanted algae.
When properly used these UVinex systems also assist in the control of parasites and bacteria. Providing clear, clean, safe, pristine water. Great when children and pets are around.
UV units are sized according to the gallons in your pond and pump flow. To operate most effectively, run the total volume of pond water past the UVinex every one to two hours:
- Manufacturer Item # SUV050A (Replaces SUV050)
- 50 Watt UVinex - Stainless Steel
- 120 Volts / 60hZ
- 18.50" Long
- 20ft Power Cord
- Exclusively for use in Savio Full-Size SkimmerFilters ONLY
- Brand New Stainless model with New Advanced transformer
- Up to 4,500 gallons use (1) 50 Watt UVinex - For up to 9,000 gallons use (2) 50 Watt UVinex units.
- Maximum pump flow 4,750 GPH per lamp (minimum 50% of total volume of pond water per hour (gph)
- Includes: 4 Pin - 50W Coated Lamp, New Style Transformer and compression fittings for convenient out of box operation.
Savio's Latest 4th Generation UV Clarifier with Stainless junction is the product of many years of R&D. Introducing the latest breakthrough in clear water technology - UVinex. Safe chemical free algae control in a sleek, new design exclusive to Savio. Coated bulb technology does away with fragile glass sleeves and is virtually maintenance free - simply wipe clean with a damp cloth to restore full effectiveness.
UVinex Product Manual:
UVinex Instruction Booklet
What comes in the box:
- Savio UVinex Stainless Steel UV Unit Head
- 50 Watt UVinex Coated Lamp with 4 Pins
- Transformer / Ballast with 20ft grounded power cord
- Mounting screw
The UVinex unit will require a special Retrofit Bracket for mounting into the older full-size SkimmerFilters manufactured before 2007. This bracket is available at a small cost. Available for either right side or left side mount. Side is selected based on standing behind the skimmer and facing the pond.
Please select the option above to add the bracket to your order.
Specifically designed for Savio filters (newest versions).
Mounts easily with one screw, if you have the correct mounting on your filter. 123 Ponds has the correct one if you don't.
Cord is very long with the power supply conveniently near the end furthest away from the pond.
Expensive, but ultimately cheaper than spending money on all the other attempts to clear the water.
May not survive very deep freeze conditions. It would be better if the unit had a connector several feet away from the lamp to facilitate lamp removal in the winter.
*Less work, no more chemical applications.
*Cheaper in the long run.
*Long cord with the (water proof) power supply at the plug end.