Microbe-Lift - Concentrated Ammonia Remover - 1 Gallon Bottle
NEW IMPROVED FORMULA!
- MICROBE-LIFT/AMMONIA REMOVER gives beneficial bacteria time to multiply and recover if the biological filter gets damaged keeping pond fish from being stressed.
- Buffered to help prevent a drop in both alkalinity (acid-neutralizing capacity) and pH when used to remove very high levels of total ammonia.
- May be used at startup, when making water changes, replacing lost water due to evaporation or when your pond is overstocked with too many fish
- Neutralizes residual chlorine and destroys deadly chloramine
- Treats ammonia burn in pond fish
- Works immediately and will not interrupt biological filtration
Safe and Non-toxic to Humans, Plants, Birds and Aquatic Life
Direction for use:
To remove and detoxify ammonia, chlorine and chloramines for water in ponds, add 1 teaspoonful of MICROBE-LIFT/Ammonia Remover per 15 gallons (57 L.) or 1 fl. oz. per 90 gallons of water.
To remove ammonia in existing ponds add 1 teaspoonful/15 gallons of MICROBE-LIFT/Ammonia Remover for each 1.0 mg/L., or fraction thereof, of measured total ammonia (=0.85 mg/L. total ammonia-nitrogen). To control ammonia when shipping fish or invertebrates use MICROBE-LIFT/Ammonia Remover at the standard dosage rate or increase (up to 10 times) if total ammonia levels are expected to be higher than 1.0 mg/L. It is recommended for routine shipping of fishes and invertebrates that trial static shipping tests be performed to determine the typical levels of total ammonia that will occur in untreated water.
Do not use with permanganate or chlorite-based treatments. Nessler's total ammonia test kits will give false, high (or off-scale) readings. Winkler dissolved oxygen tests will give false, low or zero readings; use indigo-carmine dissolved oxygen tests or DO meters. For total ammonia testing use only salicylate-based (indole-phenol) tests.
MICROBE-LIFT/Ammonia Test Strips will function properly. The MICROBE-LIFT/ Ammonia Test Strips are salicylate-based and work well with this product.
Non-toxic to humans, pets and aquatic life.
This product is intended for use with all ornamental pond fish. May be used with fishes or aquatic invertebrates intended for human consumption. This is not a medication or economic poison and is not intended for use as such.