As with all Rhino Drain products, there are no cheap injection molded parts to break on any drains in the Rhino product line. The Rhino Retro Drain is constructed from heavy duty PVC materials and will not damage your pond liner like cheaper products with sharp edges.
Often too late, pond owners discover that their ponds begin to fill with leaves, dirt, and debris that require the ponds to be emptied cleaned and refilled multiple times per year, not to mention having to take care of the fish when they are out of their home, plus upsetting the ecology of the pond. A good bottom drain is the first step in keeping the bottom of your pond cleaner and your pond healthier.
Simply the best bottom drains on the market!
- Item #RHI-RHET-2A
- Thicker flanges and liner attachment ring that will not flex or crack
- All attachments are machine fitted for extra strength with no need for gap filling
- Easy installation - goes over the liner or on top of concrete
- All joints are hand welded resulting in more strength than the speed welds used on the similar drains
- 2" Slip Port and 3/8" Barbed connection for air diffuser
- Approximate dimensions: 7-5/8" High x 11" Diameter
- Rhino drains are American made
- Includes 9" Air Diffuser
- Air flow should be between 1 & 2-1/2 CFM @ the drain depth
Simply fill the ballast area of the drain with small stone, sand, or other heavy inert material. Then attach a suction hose or rigid plumbing to the side port of the drain and attach to the pump suction line. Place the drain in the center or the deepest part of the pond so that the pump can easily suck up suspended solids and debris from the bottom of the pond. During the winter months, the drain can be easily moved to a more shallow part of the pond leaving the warmer water in the lower parts of the pond undisturbed where the fish collect in colder temperatures.
Keeping solid waste and debris out of your pond is a very important step toward keeping your fish healthy and preserving your own personal sanity with regard to maintaining a cleaner pond.