Matala is the first media which is actually made for the express purpose of filtering koi ponds. Made to handle the high solid waste levels associated with koi. Easy to clean. Acts as a substrate for biological filtering. Each pad has it's own unique structure lending itself to a different job in filtration. The various densities can be used in sequence or separately for unique filtration requirements. Matala effectively separates large particles to small and still maintains a very aerobic and free flow of water without channeling. Matala is slightly buoyant and will not sink to the bottom of your filter. Matala stood vertically on end will not float. Matala stacked horizontally will hold each other down. Due to it's rigidity the Matala sheets can be wedged in place in the filter without support.
- Approximately 19" x 24" x 1.5"
- About 3.24 square feet per sheet
- 8 sq ft equals 1 cubic ft of media
- Semi-rigid and self supporting
- Slightly buoyant
- Made of thermopoly propylene compound - Non-Toxic
- Easy to cut with common carving knife
- Black Coarse Low Density - 92% Free volume open space
Sheets may be folded to keep shipping costs down. This will usually discolor the Matala media where the crease is but will not affect the products integrity or filtration.