ThermoPond Deicer 3.0 (Uses just 100 watts of power)
The world's most successful and efficient low-wattage pond heater. Maintains a hole in backyard pond ice for just pennies a day. Can save up to $30 to $50 a month in electricity compared to "stock tank" style heaters. Pays for itself in two months on average based on typical 1250 watt deicers!
- Floats on top of the water
- Thermostatically controlled never to get hot.
- Approx 11-1/2" diameter
- Completely safe when used with a pond liner or plastic ponds.
- Fish friendly - assists the escape of toxic gases all winter long to help maintain a toxic-free environment for fish living under the ice.
- Tested in northern Wisconsin at temperatures of 20° below zero Fahrenheit.
- Unit is designed to keep a 12" hole open in your pond - allowing toxic gases to escape during winter months.
- 12ft Power Cord
- UL Listed - Exceeds UL Standards.
- One-year limited manufacturers warranty.
* Easy to use; Just plug in your Thermo-Pond and float it on your pond dome side up. If your pond is already ice covered, drill a hole with an ice auger and place the Thermo-pond over the hole. If the ice is only 1 or 2 inches thick, place the the Thermo-pond on the ice and it will melt its way through. Do not chop through the ice in smaller ponds as the shock waves can damage or kill your fish. "Always keep safety your number one priority." Never walk on thin ice. Try to position your Thermo-Pond within arm's reach or shore to avoid walking on thin ice.
* The Thermo-Pond is recommended for ponds up to 1000 gallons. Please use two Thermo-Pond heaters for ponds over 1000 gallons or for ponds requiring extra gas exchange due to excessive plant decay or large quantities of fish under the ice.
* Full Manufacturers Instructions should be followed. This unit should be plugged into a GFCI outlet or device for safety.
Ice will typically form up to the sides of the Thermo-Pond™. It will not harm or "crush" the unit. There is water under it which allows toxic gases to vent through the hole.
| || |
This is the hole created by the Thermo-Pond™. The best thing to do is to leave your Thermo-Pond™ in place. Don't move or disturb it during the winter.
Note - Please Read:
Manufacturer Note - Attention: Expect ice to form up to the outside edge of your Thermo-Pond. Ice free area under the dome is all that is needed for proper gas exchange to occur all winter. * This means the unit may be frozen into place however the center of the dome will be open and doing its job.
* The ThermoPond 3.0 is not designed to heat the water.
See our submersible heaters to heat water.