The newest innovation from Aqua Ultraviolet features Ultraviolet Sterilizers that add quality & value to any pond. Molded body with 1/2" barbed inlet and convenient hanger which discharges right into the aquarium. A non-submersible UV that is easy to install with any water feature.
The 8 Watt Advantage 2000 UV Hanger Unit is the premium choice for water sterilization for 5-200 gallons. When used as a sterilizer it will control the amount of harmful bacteria in your pond creation a healthier environment for your aquarium. When using this unit as a clarifier it will clear up to 1500 gallons of freshwater with 50% to 75% plant coverage or shade.
Frequently Asked Questions: Q.
- Item Number: A00285
- Series: Advantage Hanger Model
- Brand Name: Aqua Ultraviolet
- Inlet - 1/2" Barbed
- Dimensions: 12-1/2" x 5-1/2" x 2-3/4"
- Lightweight Design - Weighs about 4 lbs
- 120V, 60Hz
- approx 91" Power cord length
- Lamp Size: 8 watts
- 120 Volt Amp Draw: 0.48 amps
- Guaranteed to clear green pond water
- 14 month lamp life - the longest in the industry!
- Complete - Includes: Body, Transformer, Lamp and Sleeve for out of box use.
- Fresh Water Sterilizer 5-200 gals / Flowrate – 642 gph for 30,000 µw/cm2
- As a Clarifier: up to 300 GPH (up to 1500 gallon pond size)
- Salt Water Sterilizer to 70 gals / Flowrate – 214 gph for 90,000 µw/cm2
- Click to view Aqua Advantage Instruction Manual . PDF
- 1 Year Limited Manufacturers Warranty (Lamp has a 12 months prorated mfg warranty, Excludes quartz sleeve)
What is a sterilizer? A.
A sterilizer will eliminate green water, control bacteria, water borne pathogens and safely control fish disease.
What is a clarifier?
As a clarifier the single celled algae in your pond will be reduced or eliminated.
What's the difference between a sterilizer and a clarifier?
As a sterilizer, your Aqua UV system will keep your pond or aquarium water crystal clear in addition, you will have the added benefit of bacterial control which will help keep your fish healthy and happy with less risk of disease. As a clarifier your pond will still have a green tint to it, unless you have 50-75% plant coverage or your pond is in full shade.
How often should I change my lamp?
The lamp should be changed after 14 months of continuous use.
Is this unit submersible?
No, this unit should never be submerged in water.
Can this unit be used outdoors?
This unit is designed for both indoor or outdoor use.
Does this uv unit include a pump and tubing?
Unfortunately not; every situation is different and therefore it would be difficult to include a one size fits all approach.
Do ultraviolet lights kill string algae or algae on the walls or liner?
Ultraviolet lights only kill single celled algae which passes through the unit and cannot kill off other types of algae.
What should I expect after my UV is installed?
If your Aqua Ultraviolet system is installed after the filter and is properly sized the water should be clear in 3-5 days. If your Aqua Ultraviolet system is installed before the filter the water should be clear in 7-10 days. The green algae on the sides and bottom of the pond will not disappear, this is normal in a pond. The UV does not control this type of algae. Out of Pond Use Only! Not too be Submerged.