The newest innovation from Aqua Ultraviolet features Ultraviolet Sterilizers that add quality & value to any pond. One piece molded body with ¾" barbs molded into the unit. A non-submersible UV that is easy to install with any water feature.
The 15 Watt Advantage 2000+ UV Sterilizer is the premium choice for water sterilization or clarification for 2000 gallon ponds. When used as a sterilizer it will control the amount of harmful bacteria in your pond creation a healthier environment for your ponds ecosystem. When using this unit as a clarifier it will clear ponds up to 2000 gallons size with 50% to 75% plant coverage.
Frequently Asked Questions: Q.
- Item Number: A00267 - ADV15
- Series: Advantage
- Brand Name: Aqua Ultraviolet Inlet and Outlet - 3/4" Barbed
- Dimensions: 12-1/2" x 4-1/2" x 2-3/4"
- Lightweight Design - Weighs about 4 lbs
- 120V, 60Hz
- 8ft Power cord length
- Lamp Size: 15 watts
- 120 Volt Amp Draw: 0.48 amps
- Guaranteed to clear green pond water
- 14 month lamp life - the longest in the industry!
- Complete - Includes: Body, Transformer, Lamp and Sleeve for out of box use.
- As a Sterilizer: up to 700 GPH (200-500 gallon pond size)
- As a Clarifier: up to 700 GPH (up to 2000 gallon pond size)
- Salt Water Application: up to 700 GPH depending on kill rate
- Salt Water Application: to 75 Gal Tank with a flowrate of 233 gph
- Click to view Advantage Size Diagram .PDF
- Click to view detailed image of Advantage unit .PDF
- Click to view Aqua Advantage Instruction Manual . PDF
- 1 Year Limited Manufacturers Warranty (Lamp has a 12 months prorated mfg warranty, Excludes quartz sleeve)
What is a sterilizer? A.
A sterilizer will eliminate green water, control bacteria, water borne pathogens and safely control fish disease.
What is a clarifier?
As a clarifier the single celled algae in your pond will be reduced or eliminated.
What's the difference between a sterilizer and a clarifier?
As a sterilizer, your Aqua UV system will keep your pond or aquarium water crystal clear in addition, you will have the added benefit of bacterial control which will help keep your fish healthy and happy with less risk of disease. As a clarifier your pond will still have a green tint to it, unless you have 50-75% plant coverage or your pond is in full shade.
How often should I change my lamp?
The lamp should be changed after 14 months of continuous use.
Is this unit submersible?
No, this unit should never be submerged in water.
Can this unit be used outdoors?
This unit is designed for both indoor or outdoor use.
Does this uv unit include a pump and tubing?
Unfortunately not; every situation is different and therefore it would be difficult to include a one size fits all approach.
Do ultraviolet lights kill string algae or algae on the walls or liner?
Ultraviolet lights only kill single celled algae which passes through the unit and cannot kill off other types of algae.
What should I expect after my UV is installed?
If your Aqua Ultraviolet system is installed after the filter and is properly sized the water should be clear in 3-5 days. If your Aqua Ultraviolet system is installed before the filter the water should be clear in 7-10 days. The green algae on the sides and bottom of the pond will not disappear, this is normal in a pond. The UV does not control this type of algae. Out of Pond Use Only! Not too be Submerged.