The Classic Series UV's are ideal for ponds, aquariums, and water features. The Classic's rugged design has features that allow for quick installation and easy maintenance.
As a sterilizer this ultraviolet unit will eliminate green water and control bacteria. The Classic 25 Watt, will sterilize up to 1200 gallons of fresh water or 150 gallons of salt water.
Used as a Clarifier the Classic 25 Watt, will control green water in a freshwater environment of up to 4000 gallons that has 50% to 75% plant coverage and partial shade.
- Inlet and Outlet - 2" slip x slip with quick disconnect unions
- Dimensions: 20" L x 6" H x 3-3/4" W
- Lightweight Design
- White in Color
- 120V, 60Hz
- 8 ft Power cord length
- Lamp Size: 25 watts
- 120 Volt Amp Draw: 0.48 amps
- Guaranteed to clear green pond water
- 14 month lamp life - the longest in the industry!
- As a Sterilizer: up to 1200 GPH (500-1200 gallon pond size) up to 30,000 µw/cm2 (EOL) kill rate
- As a Clarifier: up to 2000 GPH (up to 4000 gallon pond size) with 50-75% plant coverage or shade
- Salt Water Application: up to 400 GPH depending on kill rate (up to 150 gallon tank size) up to 90,000 µw/cm2 (EOL) kill rate
- Click to view Classic Series Size and Detailed View Diagram .PDF
- Click to view Aqua Classic Series UV Instruction Manual . PDF
- Complete Unit Includes: Body, Transformer, Lamp and Sleeve for out of box use.
- Limited lifetime warranty on the body, 1 year limited warranty on transformer, Lamp has a 12 months prorated warranty, warranty excludes quartz sleeve)
This unit is also available with a wiper option. The wiper option helps with maintenance. Click here for the wiper section
Frequently Asked Questions: Q.
What is a sterilizer? A.
A sterilizer will eliminate green water, control bacteria, water borne pathogens and safely control fish disease.
What is a clarifier?
As a clarifier the single celled algae in your pond will be reduced or eliminated.
What's the difference between a sterilizer and a clarifier?
As a sterilizer, your Aqua UV system will keep your pond or aquarium water crystal clear in addition, you will have the added benefit of bacterial control which will help keep your fish healthy and happy with less risk of disease. As a clarifier your pond will still have a green tint to it, unless you have 50-75% plant coverage or your pond is in full shade.
How often should I change my lamp?
The lamp should be changed after 14 months of continuous use.
Is this unit submersible?
No, this unit should never be submerged in water.
Can this unit be used outdoors?
This unit is designed for both indoor or outdoor use.
Does this uv unit include a pump and tubing?
Unfortunately not; every situation is different and therefore it would be difficult to include a one size fits all approach.
Do ultraviolet lights kill string algae or algae on the walls or liner?
Ultraviolet lights only kill single celled algae which passes through the unit and cannot kill off other types of algae.
What should I expect after my UV is installed?
If your Aqua Ultraviolet system is installed after the filter and is properly sized the water should be clear in 3-5 days and sometimes overnight. If your Aqua Ultraviolet system is installed before the filter the water should be clear in 7-10 days. The green algae on the sides and bottom of the pond will not disappear, this is normal in a pond. The UV does not control this type of algae. Q.
Is there a difference between a black or white ultraviolet unit?
The color of the body does not change a thing in the effectiveness or life expectancy of the unit. Just a personal choice. Out of Pond Use Only! Not too be Submerged.