TetraPond - Floating Pond Deicer - 300 Watts - 26429
TetraPond - Pond Deicer keeps a small area of the pond ice-free which will allow harmful gasses that are generated by fish and decaying matter to escape from the pond. This device is effective down to temperatures of -20° F (-28° C). The natural stone finish of the Tetra Pond De-icer allows the pond de-icer to blend into your pond landscape. Decorative faux stone housing conceals an energy-efficient, thermostatically controlled pond deicer. Turns on automatically to keep a small area of your pond free of ice so harmful gasses can escape from the opening. Helps ensure winter survival for goldfish, koi, and other hardy pond fish.
Each Unit Includes:
- 300 watt pond deicer with 15ft Cord
- Faux stone housing factory installed
- Effective to minus -20°F.
- Energy Efficient @ 300 watts
- Measures approximately: 10-1/2" x 5-1/2"
- 15 foot cord
- Thermostatically-controlled pond deicer keeps an opening in the ice
- Allows proper gas exchange to help ensure winter survival of pond fish
- 3 Year Limited Mfg Warranty
- Fish that stay healthy over the winter are less prone to diseases particularly during the spring months
- Pond de-icers are not "pond heaters". There is no need to raise the water temperature of the pond during the winter. It is only important to keep a small area of the surface ice-free.
Size of Pond, Positioning and When to use:
- Use one (1) pond de-icer per every 150 square feet of surface area recommended.
- For larger ponds, multiple de-icers may be used in different parts of the pond.
- The TetraPond De-icer floats on the water and can be positioned anywhere in the pond. It is recommended to put it near the center of the pond but close enough to edge to allow the user to safely reach it without stepping on the ice.
- It is recommended to put the de-icer in the pond before the pond freezes over. This will allow the electrical cord to be hidden under the ice after it forms. Consider placing the pond de-icer in the pond in the late fall and leaving it unplugged until ice starts forming on the pond.